Sunday, October 3, 2010

Asian Flavor: Batangas City





I need to say I love the ambiance of this restaurant... from the decor and sounds that they pick.. It was pretty relaxing... and the pricing isn't really that much... :) really affordable.



 
 Starter

Tokiyami??...ata...


Really wished I was taking notes when they were serving the food.. but I'm sure we didn't order this... tasted like tokiyami, haha, maybe it was the appetizer of the dish we ordered..  Loved the soft but very intact texture and the flavor... really tasted like tokiyami... I promise.

Boneless Bangus (not the dish name)

hmnn... taste great!.. im not that fond with the texture thou.. I love my fish to be really thick. and have a crispy skin when served... I really couldn't taste much of the fish meat cause of the awesome sauce.


Beef ....something..

GRR! hate misou soup... wherever It is served... I hate it's taste... hate its texture.. I hate its smell! ... uhh but the chunky beef slices of this dish was awesome... It's no Holy Cow dish but yeah.. it is juicy, tender... and... man.. love the flavor... not to fond of the side dish except for the salad strips... I'm not sre what those violet thing was,,, but It sure wasn't for my mouth... I couldn't even swallow it... really... tasted.... weird...



BULALO!! (beef bone marrow soup)

YEAH!!! AWESOME!! love the broth.. with chunk's of the bone marrow YUM!!! hey... whoever enter this restaurant and didn't order this soup?.... your crazy! hmnnn have it while it's really hot.. the marrow really literally melts in your tongue. :) the vegestables... YUM!! still crispy fresh!!



Carrot Shake

uhhmnn. what? I like carrot shakes....

Crispy Pata! ( Mr. Heart Stopper )

Aside from the lovely "bulalo" this dish can never.. I mean never be left out! It's crispy sweet! every inch of this dish is worth finger licking awesssomeee!

NOTE: be sure you have a very healthy driver when your going here,,, this dish is really a heart stopper. not allowed for 50 and above. hahaha!


Strawberry Rippled ( second comeback )

This photos was actually taken in two different time... :) the first day was the carrot shake and the second day I took the strawberry rippled.. I was a bit curious how it tasted like... well... It taste like strawberry shake... only... thicker.



Tempura ( king prawns )

noting really special about this... huge prawns deep fried... hmnnn problem with this dish... is that they left the tail in tact... but deep fried it together with the body... i dunno... that's not the way I cook my tempura.. I always make sure I have the clean tail out... not marinate no flour on it.. just clean cooked or steamed.. tail.


If your going to batangas. Check out Lima Park Hotel ask for the Asian Flavor, It is located along the area of the hotel's pool. :):)

No comments: